Web Developer (Php / Symfony / Node.js)
Closed Sun 31st Mar '19
Codevate builds custom web and mobile apps for startups and SMEs within the UK. We follow both Agile and Lean principles to deliver innovative, affordable and scalable cloud-based systems that propel our clients’ businesses.
You will work within our team of web and mobile developers to build custom web applications for our clients (both startups & SMEs) using a variety of technologies. Our projects often involve the chance to learn and use technologies like Redis, RabbitMQ, Elasticsearch, plus third-party REST APIs.
Your main responsibilities will be to:
- Develop custom web applications using appropriate technologies to deliver innovative cloud-based solutions that help our clients grow;
- Participate in planning, designing and cost/timescale estimations of systems to enable our team and clients to make well-informed decisions;
- Manage/maintain JIRA project management boards to keep the team up-to-date;
- Peer review/QA code and use cases to ensure a high degree of quality is delivered;
- Ensure all software is self-documenting and properly commented before creating a pull request.
You should apply if you are:
- Passionate about learning and growing your skillset;
- Self-motivated and autonomous;
- Able to work to deadlines;
- Able to work independently or within a team;
- Familiar with a web framework such as Symfony, Laravel, Slim or Silex;
- Familiar with Git source code control.
You will have an advantage if you are familiar with:
- Redis, RabbitMQ, Elasticsearch, React/Angular;
We are a close-knit team of software developers with a passion for building market-leading web and mobile applications using the latest tech. We are based in central Birmingham, a 10-15 minute walk from New Street, Moor Street, or Snow Hill stations.
This is a full-time role based on-site and no travelling or client-facing time is required. The salary on offer for this position is between £25,000 - £35,000 depending on experience.
We offer flexible working hours, dual monitor/mechanical keyboards setups with MacBook Pros, and an on-site parking space can be arranged. Holiday entitlement is 23 days plus bank holidays.
Please send your covering letter and CV, along with any example projects or a link to your GitHub to email@example.com or use the application form below.