Our Core Beliefs
Our Core Beliefs represent the essence of Codevate, its meritocracy, and its commitment to excellence in developing software products. Codevaters strive to make a positive impact in everything they do.
- Develop innovations that enable us to excel, and our clients to be best-run businesses.
- Encourage growth and curiosity, and challenge; endeavour to enhance everyone's working lives.
- Leave things better than how you found them; if you see a broken window, be prepared to fix it.
- Take ownership of the decisions you make. Be transparent, and learn from failure.
- Pursue excellence in every aspect of your work: write self-documenting code; keep concise, well-written documentation; consider commit messages; craft architecture, design and implementation; always learn; collaborate and synergise.
- Give people trust and autonomy; demonstrate that people can trust you to do brilliant work in pursuit of the company's goals.
Commitment to client success
- Start with the long-term benefits for our clients and their customers and work back from there. Our clients' success is our success.
- Apply Lean methodology and business-thinking to software designs and feature implementation; avoid reinventing the wheel, ensure a good product-fit and client return on investment.
- Select the right tool for the job; take into account project requirements like longevity and timeliness of delivery — client ROI is paramount.
Culture and collaboration
- Collaboration first, egos last. Everyone has a voice.
- Make the most of all the skills and knowledge throughout Codevate; share information, knowledge, and skills openly and relentlessly. Embrace new ways of thinking.
- Empower fellow team members; listen intently, and embed learning in everyday activities.